I am a writer of both fiction and non-fiction. My articles, essays and poetry have appeared numerous publications, including the Globe and Mail, Picton Gazette, Bella Grace and Mabel magazine. I earned a diploma in Journalism from Humber College (with honours) and an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Toronto. I’ve studied creative writing at the Humber School for Writers, Ryerson University and the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. I’ve worked with several notable writers including Nino Ricci, Heather Birrell and Rabindranath Maharaj.
I’m currently working on a memoir about spending 18 months living aboard a sailboat with my family when I was 16 years old. I’m also working on a series of linked essays about living in Toronto that I will be self-publishing later this year.
I’ve also spent the last 16 years working in journalism and corporate communications. I’ve written and edited everything from annual reports to website content for non-profit, corporate and government clients.
- Owning My Wings – Mabel, Issue 2
- Sanctuary – Bella Grace, Issue 5
- Signposts on the Journey – Mabel, Issue 4
- The Romance of Old Books – Bella Grace, Issue 6
- The View From Down Here – Globe and Mail
- A Day in the Life of D. M. Thomas – Et Cetera
- Reading and Riding on the TTC – Et Cetera
- Tibetans in TO – Et Cetera